Better Georgia Donor Development Manager
Better Georgia is seeking an energetic and strategic Donor Development Manager to drive our fundraising efforts to help us take our five-year-old organization to the next level of impact.
The Better Georgia 501(c)(4) and 501(c)(3) organizations are fast-paced, dynamic organizations with an exciting story to tell and significant growth opportunity with major donors in particular. We are looking for a solid expert relationship builder and expert project manager to develop and execute a plan to help us maximize our potential through direct donor engagement, events and our database. This is an excellent opportunity for a more junior person to take on a role with an entrepreneurial organization, build and execute the development function and, if successful, grow into the Director position.
- Implement the new tiered “loyalty” plan complete with the agreed-upon activities for each tier, including
- Developing materials for each tier
- Arranging and organizing the engagements including attendee recommendations, meeting logistics, and follow-up materials
- Recommending key prospects to attend specific engagements
- Launching the new plan publicly
- Manage the donor development process for high dollar individual donors, specifically:
- Building the target list with contact info. of who to call based on existing donors and supplemented by names from leaders
- Drafting and emailing on behalf of leaders requests for meetings, in alignment of the prioritized list
- Attend donor development meetings, as needed, primarily to ensure effective follow-up
- Catalogue all activities in the contact management system
- Manage the meeting planning and follow-up from meetings with corporations, foundations, partner agencies, etc.
- Design and implement a fundraising strategy to grow our base and meet our goals, including major individual donors, foundations, corporate sponsors, partner organizations, and smaller individuals online.
- Develop and cultivate strong relationships with major donors, through phone, one-on-one and larger meetings and support the Board for their donor cultivation work.
- Oversee all fundraising systems, including databases and all records, donor research gift processing, and reports to the Board and other stakeholders.
- Support office administration including accounts payable/receivable, audit preparation, bank deposits, intern oversight and other duties as assigned.
- Flexibility, including willingness to tackle the unglamorous and to thrive in a fast-paced campaign environment.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to juggle and prioritize multiple competing projects at once.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to tell a compelling story about our work through one-on-one interactions and written materials.
- Expert relationship-builder with the ability to meet one-on-one with donors, and a demonstrated track record of successfully asking for money.
- Excellent ability to build a development plan including major donor program, grassroots and online fundraising, corporate sponsorship outreach, events, board giving, and foundation gifts.
- Foundation and grant-writing experience preferred, but not required.
- Must be committed to progressive values.
Compensation: Salary depends on experience. We offer a benefits package that includes generous paid time off, health, vision and dental insurance.
How to Apply: Please send your cover letter and resume to Bryan Long at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please format the subject line: Development Director – your name.
Deadline: Resumes are due before 5 p.m. ET on June 30, 2016.
Better Georgia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This means that we will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard for race, religion, color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender association, gender expression, age, disability, handicap, marital status or veterans/military status.
Better Georgia Bloggers Wanted!
Do you want your thoughts and opinions to reach Better Georgia’s fast-growing audience of Georgia progressives? Want to share your passion for progressive politics with our 90,000+ Facebook members, our email list and our website audience?
Better Georgia is looking for progressive bloggers to contribute to our web site BetterGeorgia.org. Paid bloggers will research and write articles in a conversational style to engage readers on issues that you care about. This is your chance to share your passion with people across the state.
Compensation: Bloggers are paid on a per-post basis depending on experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of WordPress editing and authoring tools
- Ability to utilize computerized word processing, blogging and internet software
- Knowledge and understanding of internet operations and functionality
- Ability to write about a wide array of topics in an engaging, conversational way
- Strong proofreading and editing skills
- Writing should be informative, but not verbose
- Ability to effectively manage time and schedules
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team to discover emerging Georgia issues
- Strategic planning skills
How to Apply: Please send a resume and links to writing samples to Brandon Hanick at email@example.com. Please format the subject line: Blogger – Your name.