With the November 3rd election right around the corner, it’s so important to know who to vote for, and why?
Some decisions will be easier than others, like voting for Biden over Trump, but you may be struggling to decide which Democrat to choose for other positions.
For example, have you decided who to vote for to be our District Attorney here in Athens and Oconeee?
I’ll be voting for Brian Patterson.
Brian is not only the most experienced candidate on the ballot, but he is leading the way on criminal justice reform and advocating for victims’ rights.
For 18 years, Brian has fought for the rights of crime victims, giving them a voice in the court process, while respecting the constitution and due process rights of accused persons.
Brian knows that a “one size fits all” approach to criminal justice DOES NOT work, and that’s why he became part of the team that made our district attorney’s office a national model for progressive criminal justice reform initiatives including:
- Accountability Courts that make our community safer, while offering a second chance to many non-violent offenders
- Expanding the use of Alternative Court Programs such as pretrial diversion, drug court, mental health court, veteran’s court, the diversion center, the day reporting center, and residential substance abuse treatment programs to divert certain non-violent offenders away from the prison system without sacrificing community safety.
- Focusing efforts on treatment, rehabilitation, and supervision of juveniles to reduce future crime in our community, without ruining the lives of our youth
- Supporting law enforcement in crime safety, while exercising independent oversight over their decisions and holding them accountable to their actions
- Championing the rights of crime victims and always giving them a voice in the criminal process under the Crime Victim’s Bill of Rights and Marsy’s Law
With Brian as District Attorney, Athens-Clarke and Oconee Counties will be in good hands, and on track for the progressive reform that we need.
I hope you’ll join me in keeping Athens-Clarke and Oconee Counties BLUE, by voting for Brian Patterson for District Attorney.