Today on the show we’re talking with Amy Morton, Board Chair for Better Georgia, about Governor Deal’s attempt at another school takeover. After his ballot measure failing miserably in November, he’ll be trying to introduce a bill during this legislative session that will do the same damage. But we think Georgians won’t be fooled.
You can Subscribe and Listen to the Podcast on iTunes, and be sure to leave us a Rating and Review!
I wonder whether Governor Deal and his team got the message in November about how important local control of our public schools is to our voters.” – Amy Morton
- Why Governor Deal didn’t get the message
- Why we shouldn’t take power away from parents and teachers
- Who is Mike Cheokas and what is his role in the school takeover
- How funding plays into this bill
- Why the governor and his staff don’t trust voters
- The danger of pitting teachers and administrators against each other
- Why the messaging of the pro-side is unfortunate
- Why we need to see what the governor is working on
Everyone benefits if our public schools are stronger and better funded and better places for our children to be educated.” – Amy Morton
- Call Governor Deal’s office: 404-656-1776
I would like to see our Atlanta politicians have some accountability standards as well: how well have they done with supporting public education over the last couple of decades? What are they doing to empower local leaders?” – Amy Morton