Since the election, we at Better Georgia have been receiving more questions than ever about how you can take action politically. Listen in as we talk about the history of candidate recruitment in Georgia, what progressives should be doing to recruit next year, and how you can get involved.
You can Subscribe and Listen to the Podcast on iTunes, and be sure to leave us a Rating and Review!
Even having a few more Democrats in the house can make a huge impact when it comes to constitutional questions.” – Bryan Long
- Why Georgia needs more progressives to run
- What Democrats could do if they have more seats
- The importance of 2018 and 2020 for Georgia
- How to start small and not be afraid of losing
- How much it costs to run for office
- What it takes to qualify to run
- Why it’s important to start running early
- What traits are good for a candidate
- Why it takes a village to find good candidates
You have to have candidates there who are ready to take that chance.” – Louis Elrod
3 Things to Think About Before You Run:
- Do you have time to run?
- Can you raise money?
- Can you afford to run?
As long as you have the passion and the drive and you’re honest and open, then you can be a successful candidate.” – Louis Elrod