On today’s show, Bryan and Brandon are talking about the consequences of Governor Deal’s school takeover ballot measure. What does the measure mean for students, teachers and parents? Where did this model come from? Has it been successful elsewhere? The preamble of this measure sounds ideal, but the fine print is where it gets dangerous.
You can Subscribe and Listen to the podcast on iTunes, and be sure to leave us a rating and review!
“If a voter sees that preamble and question and only that preamble and question on election day, obviously it seems like a clear choice. But really, they have to read the fine print.” – Brandon Hanick
- Where did Louis Elrod go?
- Why you should vote no on the school takeover campaign
- The confusion of the preamble for the ballot measure
- How OSD would takeover local schools
- What struggles teachers have to endure
- How Georgia vilifies its teachers
- Why people need to realize that school takeover is based on a failed model
- Why you need to spread the message about the school takeover
- The danger of experimenting with our children’s education
“The teachers in Georgia have done everything that has been asked of them.” – Bryan Long
- Learn more about Keep Georgia Schools Local
- Read about the deceptive language in this ballot measure here and here
“That’s the end game – handing over our public schools and our tax dollars to out-of-state, for-profit corporations who are going to make decisions without parent and teacher input.” – Brandon Hanick