On our latest bonus episode we speak with Anna Scholl, the executive director of our sister organization Progress Virginia, about politics and elections in her state. Has Virginia cracked the progressive code for winning in the south? Or is there a lot more work to do? Listen in as we talk about how Virginia elections work, Tim Kaine, and what Georgia can learn from Virginia’s progress.
You can Subscribe and Listen to the podcast on iTunes, and be sure to leave us a rating and review!
[Tim Kaine] is in this because he cares about public service and he cares about people, and there is so little ego wrapped up in that.” – Anna Scholl
- What Progress Virginia does
- The current roles of Democrats and Republicans in VA
- What happens during off-year elections
- Why Virginia is excited about Tim Kaine
- What lessons Georgia can learn from Virginia
- Georgia’s progress in this election
- How Virginia’s election for U.S. Senate will work
Demographics aren’t destiny. Changing demographics don’t automatically translate to changing electoral returns.” – Anna Scholl
It is obviously very disappointing to look at elected officials on the hill and see overwhelmingly white men, particularly if you are not a white man.” – Anna Scholl