Today on the Better Georgia podcast, we have with us Laura Simmons, Georgia State Director at NARAL Pro-Choice America. We’re discussing NARAL’s role in fighting for women’s reproductive rights, and what they are working toward in the upcoming legislative session and midterm election.
You can Subscribe and Listen to the Podcast on iTunes, and be sure to leave us a Rating and Review!
Women’s issues need to be at the forefront.” – Laura Simmons
- Why Laura moved to Georgia after the presidential election
- How NARAL Pro-Choice America fights for women’s reproductive rights
- Which candidates NARAL trusts to fight for women
- How voters are feeling about the upcoming state senate race
- How volunteers are working with NARAL to better Georgia
- Why Georgia may be losing its status as “always Republican”
- How NARAL is preparing for the upcoming legislative session and midterm election
- How listeners can support Laura’s and NARAL’s work
We will be holding folks accountable and making sure that the right candidate is being supported fully in an election, here in Georgia” – Laura Simmons
- Learn how you can be a part of NARAL
Our biggest struggle is getting our volunteers to have their organizing muscles exercised and feel comfortable canvassing…trying to get them comfortable with being a part of the grassroots effort that it really takes to affect change.” – Laura Simmons