On this episode of the Better Georgia podcast, we have with us Deborah Gonzalez, the Representative-elect from house district 117 in Athens. Listen in as we talk about the future of Georgia, Deborah’s inspiring journey to her election day win, and what is needed for a blue wave in 2018.
You can Subscribe and Listen to the Podcast on iTunes, and be sure to leave us a Rating and Review!
“The first reason I decided to run was when I went into the voting booth last year and I saw so many Republican incumbents running without any opposition at all, and I thought ‘democracy is about choice; where is our choice?’” – Deborah Gonzalez
- What makes Deborah a great representative for the citizens of Athens
- What brought Deborah into politics
- Why Deborah started her campaign so early
- How Deborah’s team prepared for a multitude of different scenarios
- How the citizens of Atlanta shaped Deborah’s key issues
- Why net neutrality was core to Deborah’s campaign
- Why people were central to Deborah’s win
- What Deborah sees happening in 2018, and what Democrats need to do to make it happen
“We were committed to run, no matter who was going to be the opposition, no matter if we had another Democratic primary. We were just dedicated to run.” – Deborah Gonzalez
- Support Deborah Gonzalez for 2018
- Connect with Deborah Gonzalez:
“We wanted to make sure that we would go out and understand what each county really needed, and I think that was important.” – Deborah Gonzalez