Today on this episode of the Better Georgia podcast, we are speaking with Don Weigel, former executive director for Colorado House Democrats and former director of the Georgia House Democratic Caucus. Learn more about the upcoming November 7th special election, and how Democrats can increase their numbers and win more seats.
You can Subscribe and Listen to the Podcast on iTunes, and be sure to leave us a Rating and Review!
This is another great sign, [Democrats have] out-recruited candidates for this special election.” – Don Weigel
- Georgia’s history in election seasons
- What is “Grab ‘Em By The Midterms”
- What impact redistricting had on the Georgia legislature
- The status of the various special elections around Georgia
- Why recruitment is the most important thing Democrats can do right now
- What kinds of support the Democratic party needs to give it’s candidates to win
- Why Nikema Williams is Don’s favorite for Georgia Legislature
- Should McCracken Poston come back to run for office?
Even if every Democratic candidate on the ballot in the last three cycles had won their races, we still wouldn’t have reclaimed the majority.” – Don Weigel