On this episode of Better Georgia, we’re meeting with local progressive activist Jen Rafanan to tell her story about her experience with healthcare. We also discuss the single-payer insurance bill and the newest Republican health care bill.
You can Subscribe and Listen to the Podcast on iTunes, and be sure to leave us a Rating and Review!
You have to decide between going into debt or getting treated.” – Jen Rafanan
- What is in the single-payer bill versus the new Republican health care bill
- Why health care is not a fiscal issue
- How Jen was personally affected by our poor health care conditions
- The reality of sickness and health care as a working person
- What Jen has to say to elected officials voting on health care bills
- How citizens can get involved to make a change
Sickness doesn’t care about what party you are, it doesn’t care about politics, it just attacks your body, and we need to find a way to be able to make sure that we take care of ourselves and our sisters and brothers.” – Jen Rafanan