Today we’re talking about the Republican leadership and how they fared in the recent healthcare battle. Also joining us is Patrick Walker, writer, director, and actor in “Uncommon Cents,” an entry in this year’s Cause and Effect Film Festival.
You can Subscribe and Listen to the Podcast on iTunes, and be sure to leave us a Rating and Review!
The opposition to [the ACA] was always personal, it was never about policy.” – Bryan Long
- The goal of Better Georgia’s film festival this year
- What made Patrick produce his short film “Uncommon Cents”
- Why Patrick chose his unique narrative style
- Patrick talks about the “numbness” of poverty
- Why the current Republicans can’t govern
- How Georgia’s politics factored into Trump’s election
- The threat of normalization in our current political climate
I want to let people see that right down the street from you is somebody going through this kind of situation.” – Patrick Walker
- Learn more about the Cause And Effect Film Festival
- Watch Patrick Walker’s film “Uncommon Cents”
- Connect with Patrick Walker:
They control everything, they can’t get anything done. Their entire platform right now is to dismantle the work of someone else, not to actually create anything or do anything.” – Louis Elrod