Today on the show we’re talking about the results of the special election and what is next for progressives in Georgia. To help us answer that question, Louis sat down to interview two progressive activists, Gaetana Marshall of She Conversations and Gerald Griggs of the Georgia Alliance for Social Justice. They brought up some great issues that we can and should focus our attention on, and brought up some questions to help progressives examine the movement we’re a part of. What are we going to do that’s different?
We’ve also been getting lots of mail full of opinions on why Jon Ossoff lost the special election, so we’re sharing some of our favorites with you.
You can Subscribe and Listen to the Podcast on iTunes, and be sure to leave us a Rating and Review!
It shouldn’t be a march, it should be a movement.” – Gerald Griggs
- What it was like at the Ossoff election party
- How the Georgia Alliance came about
- The demands that the Georgia Alliance is making from Senator Perdue
- How She Conversations was born
- The issues that Georgians should be caring about
- Why Georgia needs justice reform
- Why we need more people of color involved in the justice system
- What it takes to be involved in the community
- Why our followers think Ossoff lost
- The sixth congressional district is not unwinnable
- Why the left doesn’t hit hard enough
- What is the next fight for progressives in Georgia and nationwide
It’s not up to the system to make the difference, it’s up to us.” – Gaetana Marshall
- Go to Project: Seeing Other
- Check out Future Lives’s new album
- Watch Jason Isbell on The Daily Show
- Connect with SHE Conversations: Facebook
- Connect with the Georgia Alliance for Social Justice: Facebook | Twitter | Website
Let’s drop the computer screen, drop the cell phone, drop the rhetoric, and let’s be present in the room.” – Gerald Griggs