Today we’re talking to Nikema Williams, Vice President of Public Policy for Planned Parenthood Southeast, about her views on the candidates of the Sixth Congressional District election. Also, last week, the NRA held a convention in Atlanta, and progressive Georgians held protests to demonstrate against them and their policies. Listen in as we talk about these topics and more on today’s episode of the Better Georgia podcast.
You can Subscribe and Listen to the Podcast on iTunes, and be sure to leave us a Rating and Review!
Donald Trump is not who they want to see representing them, and they are not looking for a clone of Donald Trump.” – Nikema Williams
- The new super PAC Republicans are using for the Sixth District runoff
- Trump’s involvement in Georgia’s runoff election
- How the Sixth Congressional District is changing politically
- Karin Handel’s relationship with Planned Parenthood
- How Planned Parenthood’s financial support has fared through the new administration
- What happened at the “die-in” protest
- How the NRA has evolved as an organization
- Nathan Deal’s unexpected appearance at the NRA rally
The NRA does not represent Georgia, it does not represent Georgia values.” – Bryan Long
- Connect with Nikema Williams:
We know that roughly 70% of the voters in this district support Planned Parenthood.” – Nikema Williams