In this special bonus episode, we’re talking to Grace Starling, a student activist who’s advocating against HB 51, the campus rape cover-up bill. This bill, sponsored by Representative Earl Earhart, is a huge cause for concern for victims and allies on college campuses. We hope that this interview with Grace inspires you to take action.
You can Subscribe and Listen to the Podcast on iTunes, and be sure to leave us a Rating and Review!
After I was raped I was always concerned and wanting to advocate against campus rape and look for proactive ways that I could take my really traumatic and terrible experience and turn it into something positive.” – Grace Starling
- Grace’s own experience with sexual violence
- How Grace got involved with this legislation
- How you can connect with your representatives
- What happened when Grace talked to Representative Earhart
- How Grace reacted to a controversial testimony at a hearing
- How you can help stop HB 51
It really became a problem that Georgia students cared about across the board.” – Grace Starling
- Sign the petition to stop HB 51 change.org/studentsagainsthb51
- Sign Better Georgia’s Petition at bettergeorgia.org/campusrape
- Join Students Against HB 51 on Facebook to learn more and take action
That was the moment I realized that I was ready to pick up this fight and consider how I could use my experience for other survivors.” – Grace Starling