We recorded this podcast on Crossover Day, the last day that bills could pass one of the chambers of the Georgia state legislature, so it’s fitting that today we’re discussing a bill the GOP is using to rig district maps. Listen in as we talk about Jon Ossoff, Representative Caldwell, and House Bill 515.
You can Subscribe and Listen to the Podcast on iTunes, and be sure to leave us a Rating and Review!
It opens up this brand new world of millennials running for office.” – Louis Elrod
- Why Jon Ossoff is this week’s hero
- What will happen as millennials start running for office
- Why Representative Johnny Caldwell is this week’s zero
- What is House Bill 515
- Who is sponsoring the redistricting bill
- What are the political implications of this bill
- Why we try to foster conversations about house bills
The tide is changing in Georgia and conservatives, instead of developing a platform that’s more inclusive of changing demographics and all types of people, they’ll just cheat instead.” – Brandon Hanick
- Watch the GOP’s attack ad on Jon Ossoff
What it boils down to is that people should be able to choose their politicians, politicians should not be able to choose their voters.” – Brandon Hanick
SIGN THE PETITION AGAINST MAP RIGGING: bettergeorgia.org/stopmaprigging