Today on the podcast, Louis is talking to Jibran Shermohammed, who is doing some voter registration work in the Muslim community in Georgia. He found that registering immigrants isn’t as much of an issue as immigrants simply not knowing how to vote. In addition to getting more people registered, Jibran is working to help teach people how to exercise theirs rights and vote in this election.
You can Subscribe and Listen to the podcast on iTunes, and be sure to leave us a rating and review!
I could be fearful of my minority identity, my Muslim identity, or I could learn to embrace it.” – Jibran Shermohammed
- How recent immigrants lack knowledge about politics
- Why registration isn’t the biggest hurdle
- Why some people don’t know how to vote
- How Jibran is helping people learn how to vote
- How to increase voter mobilization
- The work that has been done to give people access to vote
- Why immigrant populations need more attention
At some point I decided that I was going to identify as both Muslim and American.” – Jibran Shermohammed
- Connect with Jibran:
Linkedin | Twitter