On the show we’re talking about last week’s Republican National Convention and Newt Gingrich’s role in the Republican party. How is Newt like Presidential candidate Donald Trump? What was Georgia’s involvement in the RNC? We also spoke with David Worley, an attorney and former DNC member who came within 1,000 votes of beating Newt Gingrich in 1990. Listen in as he gives his take on Gingrich and the election.
You can Subscribe and Listen to the podcast on iTunes, and be sure to leave us a rating and review!
Newt essentially used the seat as a power play instead of really serving the people that are in the community.” – Adrienne White
- Representative Stacy Evans’ work with education
- The similarities between Donald Trump and Newt Gingrich
- Why Trump was attracted to Newt as a VP
- Why Republicans are afraid of down ballot races
- The problem with Governor Deal standing with Trump
- Which Georgia politicians were involved in the RNC
- How Georgia could become a blue state this year
- Why we need to inspire people to vote
- How this year’s election speaks to Better Georgia’s mission
- The ways the Republican platform has gone backwards
If you’re not appealing to the new members of society then there’s something wrong.” – Louis Elrod
- Read about the Georgia lottery
- Be sure to check out Netroots Nation and join us in Atlanta for their conference next year!
We’ve got to move beyond registering to inspiring people to vote.” – Adrienne White