In our first episode of the Better Georgia Podcast, we’re talking about the recent surge in Latino voters. There is a big increase being reported, but are those numbers true? Jerry Gonzalez of the Georgia Association of Latino Elected Officials thinks the reported numbers are actually low. But just because more Latinos are registering doesn’t mean the Democrats can take their vote for granted.
Listen in as we discuss the Latino surge in voter registration, how David Perdue is hurting Georgia politics, and hear our take on the sit-in led by Congressman John Lewis.
You can Subscribe and Listen to the podcast on iTunes, and be sure to leave us a rating and review!
The Democratic Party nor the Republican Party are doing anything to engage the Latino electorate.” – Jerry Gonzalez
- How Representative Karla Drenner made an impact in Georgia last week
- Senator David Perdue’s support of Donald Trump
- Why Latino voter registration has surged in the U.S.
- The true numbers of registering Latino voters
- The issues with Senator David Perdue’s support of Trump
- Why the Democrats shouldn’t take the Latino vote for granted
- How David Perdue is dealing a big blow to the Latino community
- The sit-in led by Congressman John Lewis
- How John Lewis broke the internet
- How modern technology impacted the sit-in
- Why the political pendulum is swinging to the left
- How Georgia will work hard to achieve a more progressive government
Democrats in Georgia take for granted the support of the Latino population here.” – Bryan Long
- Check out this picture of David Perdue in his “Make America Great Again” hat
- Learn more about Georgia Association of Latino Elected Officials
- Read the Atlanta Journal-Constitution’s article about the surge in Latino voter registration
- Listen to Sturgill Simpson
The electorate is far more progressive than the breakdown of those who represent us.” – Louis Elrod