Nathan Deal is an abomination for Georgia schools. He’s devastated public education with billions in budget cuts and gutted the HOPE scholarship.
Here are Nathan Deal’s 10 biggest education failures:
1. Nathan Deal has cut $4.1 billion from public education since 2011.
2. As a result, there are 9,000 fewer teachers in classrooms.
3. Last year, 71% of Georgia school districts reduced the number of days kids were in school.
4. Some school districts had to cut 30 days from their calendar. That’s six full weeks of school.
5. 80% of school districts made teachers stay home without pay during the 2013-14 school year.
6. And 95% of Georgia public schools increased class sizes.
7. In 2011, Nathan Deal gutted the HOPE scholarship, the pipeline to college for thousands of Georgia students.
8. He said it would “save” the HOPE scholarship.
9. Since Nathan Deal made his HOPE cuts, there are 80,000 fewer HOPE scholars.
10. Now, Deal’s HOPE scholarship only covers around 60% of tuition at Georgia colleges/universities…down from 100% before he took office.
We’ve seen enough from Nathan Deal over the last four years to know that he’s not good for Georgia students or teachers. Cutting billions from the K-12 budget and crushing college dreams for tens of thousands of Georgia students is not the way to build a great state.
This election, it’s time we give Nathan Deal an education of his own and send him packing.
FIND YOUR POLLING LOCATIONS: http://1.usa.gov/1wuCQjO