Last week, as another one of Gov. Deal’s ethics scandals unfolded, public trust and support for the governor plummeted. A conservative pollster found that Sen. Carter is crushing Gov. Deal by 8 points. And who was leading the pack? Women. Sen. Carter leads with women by an incredible 2 to 1.
Gov. Deal can add these reasons to his list of why this is the case:
1. While in Congress, Gov. Deal sponsored 2 bills that would make most forms of birth control illegal. Yes, illegal.
2. Thirty-seven counties in Georgia have no OB-GYN services whatsoever. And fourteen have a deficit. Yet, Gov. Deal refuses to expand Medicaid.
3. Did we mention that Georgia has the highest death rate in the nation for expecting mothers?
4. In Georgia, 342,000 women in need of medical care are uninsured.
5. Because Gov. Deal won’t expand Medicaid, 17,000+ women can’t get mammograms and 37,000+ women can’t get pap smear tests, both of which are proven to save women’s lives.
6. Twenty-two percent of women in Georgia live in poverty. And Gov. Deal and his cronies are proud of the fact that fewer than 7% of people in need receive public assistance.
7. And then there was the time he referred to some African-American women as “ghetto grandmothers” and bragged about it.
Gov. Deal, it’s obvious that you do not respect the rights of women and will never advocate for us. We’re tired of your anti-women policies. Georgia women deserve better.
WOMEN: We are the majority of the electorate, but we can do better. We need every Georgia woman to VOTE!
Vote for leaders that will respect our rights and don’t forget to share with your friends, family and other women in your lives!
FIND YOUR POLLING LOCATIONS: http://1.usa.gov/1wuCQjO