Continue the proud Georgia tradition of rising above fringe issues while getting the state’s business done efficiently, effectively and ethically.
In essence, the answer is simple: Keep your eye on the jobs.
Kenny B., with Macon’s Fox 24 Live at Five, addresses this question with Better Georgia Executive Director Bryan Long.
A partial transcript can be found below the video clip.
KENNY B: What would you say as the executive director of Better Georgia to the political parties — both Democratic and Republican — if they’re listening, and many of them are, leaders in those parties. What would you say to them about where we are in the state, as far as your view of where you’d like to see the parties go and do things differently.
BRYAN: I would say their job is very easy. It’s simple. Let’s focus on better jobs. Anything that creates better schools and better jobs and helps create a better business environment in Georgia. And that doesn’t just mean lowering taxes. That means creating transportation systems that work, and schools that education our children, which leads to good quality jobs. If they could just focus on those issues, everybody in this state would be happy.
- Better Georgia featured on Fox 24′s Live at Five
- What inspired Better Georgia?
- Is Better Georgia a break from the Democratic Party?
- Is ‘progressive’ simply a code word for ‘liberal’?
- What’s wrong with political candidates in Georgia?
- Does Newt Gingrich have it right on immigration?
- Will Better Georgia endorse candidates?
- Is there hope for Georgia’s education system?