Kenny B., with Macon’s Fox 24 Live at Five, addresses that question with Executive Director Bryan Long.
Will Better Georgia endorse candidates?
A partial transcript can be found below the video clip.
KENNY B: I think I failed to ask you, the mission of Better Georgia, is it to elect some candidates in the next go around?
BRYAN: We’re not recruiting candidates – we’re an issues organization. We’ll advocate for issues. And we will applaud candidates who are taking good positive progressive stands on issues. And we’re going to hold other candidates, elected officials accountable if they’re proposing legislation like the personhood amendment or anyone who is standing in support of this immigration law that is a failed law that needs to be undone.
KENNY B: Do you see Better Georgia as an organization that candidates would love to have the endorsement at some point — ‘if we get the Better Georgia endorsement we’re OK’ — whether it’s progressives or whatever. Once they get the Better Georgia endorsement they feel like, well that’s a great endorsement.
BRYAN: Kenny we’re not there yet but maybe after this interview I’ll have candidates calling my cell phone right and left. Hopefully one day that is something we would do. We would love to put together a voters guide. I don’t want to support a particular candidate because that’s not what our organization is intended to do but I do want to praise candidates who are taking strong positions on progressive issues.
- Better Georgia featured on Fox 24′s Live at Five
- What inspired Better Georgia?
- Is Better Georgia a break from the Democratic Party?
- Is ‘progressive’ simply a code word for ‘liberal’?
- What’s wrong with political candidates in Georgia?
- Does Newt Gingrich have it right on immigration?
- What should Georgia Republicans, Democrats do differently?
- Is there hope for Georgia’s education system?