Our goal is simple: better schools, better jobs.
For the past several Legislative sessions, we’ve watched our elected officials head to Atlanta to tackle the growing problems facing our state. Despite historic revenue problems, our lawmakers have failed time and again.
It’s time for our Legislators to make tough decisions about Georgia’s priorities. It’s time for them to improve Georgia’s schools and tell the nation that Georgia is open for business.
Instead, they have dined with lobbyists, listened to partisan extremists and came home with nothing but more problems to share with constituents back home.
This year, let’s send our elected officials a clear message. Let’s provide a simple checklist with just a few easy-to-understand priorities.
Pick the three most important issues from the list below for our General Assembly to tackle when they meet in January:
- Support Georgia farmers: Repeal the failed $1 billion anti-immigrants law.
- Create jobs for Georgians: Invest in property we own, not private investment firms.
- Open Georgia roads for work: Give Georgians a say on our own transportation solutions.
- Keep Georgia’s promise: Restore the HOPE Scholarship.
- Restore Georgia Pre-K: Invest in a 180 day school year for our children.
- Build schools not prisons: Fully fund neighborhood schools so we won’t have to build more prisons.
Take a minute now to choose your top issues. And then share this poll with friends, family and colleagues to make sure everyone’s voice is heard. The more people you invite, the louder our voice. (Take the poll).
In January, we’ll reveal the top three winners and tell our Lawmakers where to focus their time and attention this year.
By working together, we can make sure Georgia’s leaders focus on real problems for real Georgians.